Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello Expectations

I'm writing my sixth feature and its so average. I have no buildings being destroyed by terrorists or the main character getting martyred for an underlying MLK/ Malcolm X tone. When I send it to studios, nobody is going to say I'm the next Spike Lee or that I'm a fake ass Jason Statham. and I'm fine with that. As a matter of fact, I am doing my life story-or an alternative life.

Every summer when I get my tuition bill for the next year, I go through this 'I can't afford this' phase and think I'm going to have to drop out. So I imagine what would happen if I dropped out of school. Or if my mom got remarried. And what would happen if we moved... to Florida..

Thats what my feature is about. If I dropped out of school and had to move home with my mom in her new home in Florida with her new husband and my younger brothers and sisters. I take after my dad so much that my family and everybody in my hometown calls me 'Little Mike'. Throughout the movie, they call the main character that and he hates it. It's the only distinguishing fact that I'm home and not in the city any more. Its the difference of being treated like an adult and a high school kid in my eyes.

I have no intention of selling it. I'm not being a pessimist, it's more like a realistic thought. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. So after not selling my first 5, why sell my 6th. But I love writing and I love drawing. Putting myself into a story helps me lose track of time. Its 4am now and I don't even think about it (besides this mention). I pick up smoking. I pick up running. Those two combinations are oil and vinegar but I need both of them just like I need writing.

____________________________________
*does anybody know what time it is?*

No comments:

Post a Comment