Sunday, October 17, 2010

Do Tell

So today I'm going to do something different. First of all let me start by saying I started writing a book and the combo of writing a feature and a book has me wanting to smoke again. I swear I only smoke when I write so these damn black and milds are calling my name. Honestly, I don't feel like blogging but I don't feel like working (writing) at 1:30am with class in the morning.

So basically what I'm going to do different is blog song lyrics. This is a song by Joe Budden: a seriously underrated rapper. This song is called Do Tell and it's probably the most relatable song I've ever heard. You should seriously go get his debut self titled album from 2003 and then his Mood Muzik collection: it ranges from 1: The worst of Joe Budden to 4: can it get any worse. He also has a therapy series with names like Padded Room, Halfway House, Escape Route, and Great Escape. This song comes off his Padded Room album. Just check the lyrics

Tell my mother I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt her//
 But even when I did, I never meant to take it further//
 Tell my father I love him, dot dot etcetera//
He used to give me advice like a plethora//
 I tried to find myself, but I was your replica//
I mean, I only tried to be what you never was//
Tell my older brother I'm bad at being a brother//
I know I never told you just how highly I think of ya//
Tell my grandmother she always was a friend to me//
I would have visited more if I wasn't so into me//
Tell my son I think his mother is an asshole//
When he gets older, he'll understand how that goes//
Tell my hood I left, not for greed or wealth//
I did it for my own sanity to keep my health//
I tried to bring a few with me, hoping we could cash in//
But all they said was I didn't help them in a timely fashion//
Tell music she saved me when shit was adverse//
My first love, I'd give my life if it would save hers//
Tell my friends: each one//
They taught me how to be one//
I owe to them part of everything I've become//
Tell fame I don't want it//
Now I keep it a hundred//
I tried my best to go get him, but the asshole fronted//
So I lie dormant//
Living through torment//
Tell cops I got warrants, I don't warrant//
 Tell the therapist I never thought I'd get here//
Somebody ask love why she didn't want to live here//
Tell my heart it's got a lot of pride//
Anybody thinking they know me, I apologize//
Grandpa's 80 plus, still being strong//
Tell the fake ones to keep on keeping on//
Faithfully, tell anybody that hated me//
Basically, all they really did was motivated me//
They say I'm difficult so to put it simply//
Tell the world I never cared it was against me//
Tell God to be there in case I fall//
Tell the fans I never jipped them, I always gave them my all//
Tell my girl she put me through it//
But if I had to go through it with anybody, I'm thankful its her//
Tell every member of my family//
For too long I hid behind my own insanity.. It got me caught up//
Can somebody tell money that I changed him to the death//
I thought I was going to catch him but I ran out of breath//
Tell my bruises I'm good I'm fine, I normally heal quick//
Tell the rain come down, I'd like to feel it//
I asked God to give me a hand. But he wouldn't//
I kept telling myself I can't. and then I couldn't//
If people want to kill me, tell them I already died//
Tell everybody that will listen, I tried//
Til the water ran dry//
Tell the tears to get the fuck out my eyes//
Tell the crust it tastes great, but I would rather have the pie//
Ask success what I got to do to succeed//
Tell my younger brother I look at him like my seed//
You will be the mouths I feed//
If our father ever tells me how to get rid of this greed//
Tell him that I'm grown. But really I'm not finished growing//
Tell failure I didn't want to get to know him//
Tell the stick up kids to come and get me//
Tell the stereotypes I tried them on, they didn't fit me//
Tell whoever I wronged that I apologize//
Tell the bumps in the road that I got to ride//
They tell me I got a lot of pride//
I tell them how the fuck you going to tell me what I got inside//
They tell me life is what you make it//
Thats when I tell them I beg to differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment